Currently, millions of animals are experiencing the cruelty of being tested on for the products we use every day.
For every new chemical invented to be put into a product, it is forced into several animals (using oral force feeding, breathing in sickening vapors for hours, and ect.) before it became as we see it. The animals are forced to suffer without pain relief or medication.
Politics and Alternatives
There’s no “humane” way to poison animals with chemicals or to infect them with deadly diseases like rabies to test the effectiveness of a vaccine. However, there are modern non-animal alternatives that work just as well or better. Now, in Brazil and South Korea, “mandatory alternatives” are required when companies test a product.
- 10,000 animals are killed for every new pesticide chemical tested.
- 32 beagles in government-required tests for each new drug or agrochemical.
- 100% agreement required between countries to eliminate a single animal test.
What you can do
Each of us can help prevent animal suffering and deaths by buying cruelty-free products, donating only to charities that don’t experiment on animals, requesting alternatives to animal dissection, demanding the immediate implementation of humane, effective non-animal tests by government agencies and corporations, and calling on our alma maters to stop experimenting on animals.
- Animal Testing by Humane Society International.
- Animal Testing 101 by PETA.